Most recently seen chez
- My username is ____ because ____.
- My journal is titled ____ because ____.
- My subtitle is ____ because ____.
- My friends page is called ____ because ____.
- My default userpic is ____ because ____.
- My username is
because those are my initials. But it also means “they” in Welsh, and is the ISO639-3 code for the Western Huasteca dialect of Nahuatl (thanks, ).
- My journal is titled “From the Heart of Europe” because it originally was going to include more reflections on the Brussels political world than in fact it does.
- My subtitle is “ༀ – I for one welcome our new Dalek overlords” because it seemed suitably silly. “ༀ” is the Tibetan for “Om”. I’ve been trying to track down the original version of “I for one welcome our new [ ] overlords”, but am not totally convinced that The Simpsons were first.
- My friends page is called “Creatures of Light and Darkness” because it’s part of a Roger Zelazny theme I have for my default view page. “This Immortal” takes you to the default view, “Doorways in the Sand” takes you to the friends page (which confusingly is called “Creatures of Light and Darkness”), “Roadmarks” takes you to the archives, “Jack of Shadows” to the info page, “The Chnaging Land” to my website, and “Dilvish the Damned”, “24 Views of Mount Fuji, by Hokusai”, “He Who Shapes” and “Unicorn Variations” for bits of the sidebar.
- My default userpic is because a colleague took it of me while we were at the Golubac fortress on the Danube, on the Serbian side of the river (Romania on the other side), in July 2004.